Sunday, February 11, 2007

My week....

No, the bathroom wasn't finished yesterday as promised, but it "will be tomorrow" are the famous last words.
I was determined not to go to Adelaide today until I'd scrubbed the tiles etc etc but I have had to concede defeat on that front.
There is only some silicone sealant needed around the bath and walls - at least we can use the shower, after 7 weeks!
To top it all off our landlord has been flown to Adelaide with the RFDS after a heart attack. Amazingly, I was crossing the road on Monday morning when he drove down the road, appearing to be asleep at the wheel, but at 9am that scenario was unlikely. He did not see me (nor did he respond to my wave) in the bike lane and when he nudged the kerbing he veered into the middle of the road and over the white line, narrowly missing another car. Apparently when he arrived at work he collapsed - that was after negotiating a roundabout and another 500 metres of the main street. He's very lucky not to have hit anyone.
Then....on Friday afternoon as I was pulling out of the kerb I witnessed a car accident about 200 metres from home - a local didn't stop or give way to an elderly couple visiting town. I called the police and stayed with the couple, both with heart conditions, until police and SES etc arrived. Fortunately noone was hurt but the local, who is known for his bad driving, said he'd "lost concentration".

No comments: