Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Term 4

Workwise, the term has started well.
During the first 2 weeks I had 8 days teaching music - well, not actually teaching music, but I did have to sing (a lot) - lost my voice too, because I didn't bother to do any voice warm-ups! Very silly.
In addition, I have had my usual one day a week teaching primary Art, SOSE and Phys Ed and this week 3 days of primary work. So, it's been full on - even though my preference is always secondary students.

At short notice, we decided to go to Adelaide for the weekend - it was the first weekend Rick wasn't working for many weeks, so we needed a break.
Upon our return, we discovered that we, along with a number of others in our near vicinity, had had property stolen and/or damaged from our yards over the weekend. The local police believe it was associated with muck-up day, a day that should be banned - not because kids don't need to have fun or to unwind, but because it is a total waste of time and energy by young people often acting illegally or in a very childish manner. I had been drenched at school by water pistols being fired at close range by masked anonymous kids - incredibly infantile.
There, that's my beef for the week.

No comments: